- The competition is open to all residents of Malaysia or foreign tourist/s.
- The competition begins on 1 September 2009, 12.00 am Malaysian time and ends on 31 October 2009, 11.59 pm Malaysian time (“Closing Date”). All entries must be received within this time period in order to be considered for prizes.
- Entries are accepted by online submission to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries that are submitted after the Closing Date, incomplete, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any of the terms and conditions of the competition shall be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted only in jpeg format (as .jpg file) and should be at least 500k but shall not exceed 3MB in size. Entries submitted through links to files or other types of files will not be considered eligible. Files sent in .zip format will not be opened or considered eligible. If the image submitted is not readable, the entry will be disqualified. You may submit original photos previously used on another website or media, provided the photo was not used for commercial purposes and you have not received remuneration for its use.
- You warrant that your submitted materials are original, you own the copyright to the submitted photo, the photo does not infringe any third party's rights, and that you have obtained the necessary permissions from a third party if a third party or a third party's property appears in the submitted photo. Photo enhancements are NOT allowed. Kayns Resort (hereinafter referred to as "KR") reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it finds in its sole discretion that any of the foregoing warranties are not true. Decisions of KR shall be final and binding.
- KR is not responsible or liable for entries that are lost in the delivery including but not limited to interrupted internet connection during the photo upload process or data corruption after the entry has been received or malfunction of software or hardware during the submission period.
- You release and hold harmless KR from and against any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind rising from or in connection with this competition, or any prize won, any use of the submitted materials by KR, your warranties, any misuse of the prize awarded, or your participation in this competition.
- You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction. In any such dispute, you shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with your participation in this competition. You hereby waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Any attempt by you to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of KR is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, KR reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- KR is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the submitted photos to this competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. KR assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
- All costs and surcharges on delivery of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. The winners may be required to attend a prize giving ceremony at a time and date to be determined by KR. The winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form. Return of any prize and/or prize notification as undeliverable or failure by you to comply with these terms and conditions may result in disqualification.
- Your entry to the competition constitutes your agreement to allow your photos, your name, occupation, city and state of residence —to be published as finalists or winners in publication or websites used by KR; and to be used for promotions by KR in any printed or electronic format, and exhibitions.
- KR retains ownership and all other rights to future use of all the submitted photos. You shall not object to any cropping or other minor alteration of the submitted photos for the purpose of including them in print materials or electronic forms.
- If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of completion as planned for any reasons whatsoever, KR reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
- All photos must be taken only in KR and its surroundings including the beach not more than 100m radius from KR.
- All photos must be taken in 2009.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish but each submission is entitled to only one prize.
- KR shall have the right to verify, in their sole judgment, the eligibility of winner(s).
- Decisions by KR will be final and binding. No correspondence or discussions into KR’s decisions shall be made.
- All photos submitted will not be returned to you.
28 August 2009
We are pleased to announce that a photography competition called "Mementos@Kayns" will be held starting from 1 September 2009 untill 31 October 2009. The prizes are as follows:
1st Prize : 3D 2N stay @ Kayns Resort
2nd Prize : 2D 1N stay @ Kayns Resort
3rd Prize : Kayns Cafe Voucher (a-la-carte) worth RM50
Terms & Conditions as per below: